Friday, January 26, 2007

Brothers


A Little Brother Follows Me
by: Author Unknown

A careful boy I want to be; a little brother follows me.

I do not dare to go astray for fear he'll go the self-same way.

I cannot once escape his eyes; whate'er he sees me do, he tries.

Like me he says he's going to be- that little brother following me.

He thinks that I am good and fine; believes in every word of mine.

The bad in me he must not see- that little brother following me.

I must remember as I go through summer's sun and winter's snow

I'm building for the years to be that little brother following me.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

great photo of the boys and I love the poem. also Jeff did a nice job naming the other photo.

Brenda said...

Wow - that poem sure makes you think! How true it is.