Friday, August 17, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

We have been really busy since my last post. This last weekend Jeff flew to Kansas to attend his 20th high school reunion. He left on Friday afternoon and returned around 11:30 a.m. on Sunday so it was a quick trip for him. He spent Friday night with his sister and brother-in-law and then spent the day in Halstead, Kansas with friends from high school days.

While he was gone the kids and I went to Wilbur Wright's Birthplace in Millville, IN. It was a really neat and informative place. We got a late start that day so didn't have lots of time there so plan to go back another time but we really enjoyed the time we spent there. The lady that runs the place was so very informative and helpful. When we first arrived she spent some time giving the kids a history lesson about the Wright family and then after we finished our tour of the place she spent time showing the kids different toys in their gift shop. The kids thorougly enjoyed themselves. Here is another link that says what I was trying to say but in an oh so much better way.

I don't have any pictures yet because Jeff had taken the digital camera with him so I had to resurrect my old film camera. I had a partial roll of film in my camera and then had two more rolls of film in a drawer. I only hope that the film is still good. I don't really know how old it was or if it was expired. My camera had been sitting so long without use that the batteries were dead and I had to go and purchase new ones. So when I get my pictures developed or put on CD I will post some pictures of the place.

Then we kept busy this week with school, laundry, cooking, etc. Last week we started out our new school year slowly without doing all our subjects and then added more this week. So it has been busier than last week. Next week we will hopefully be up to a full load and continue that for the year.

Until next time...

No comments: