Saturday, September 01, 2007

Our Third Day of Vacation

We got up this morning and headed to Fairport Harbor, OH to see a lighthouse on Lake Erie. My Mom has wanted to be able to go into a lighthouse and go to the top so I found one we could climb. There were 69 spiral stairs inside. My Mom and Jeff climbed to the top. The rest of us stayed on good ole' terra firma. The kids started to climb but got scared and turned around and came back down. Below I have posted various pictures from our visit.


Three of the kids just relaxing at Mom's on Saturday morning before we headed to Fairport Harbor, OH.

The lighthouse at Fairport Harbor on Lake Erie.

The first few of 69 stairs.


More stairs!


My Mom sitting on the stairs near the top.


My Mom at the top of the lighthouse looking out over Lake Erie.

The kids and I standing on the deck below the lighthouse.

The view from the top of the lighthouse.

Inside the actual pilot house of the decommissioned Great Lakes freighter the Frontenac.

The fresnal lens that has been removed from the lighthouse and is now kept in the museum.

No comments: