Monday, December 17, 2007

A Cyber Christmas Cookie Exchange

A Cyber Christmas Cookie Exchange - What a great idea! This Cookie Exchange is being hosted by Mrs. Wilt at The Sparrow's Nest.

I don't have a picture of my cookies because I didn't think to take one before they were all gone. I am not sure where this recipe came from but it is one I've had for quite some time as I recall making these cookies when I still lived at home.

Thumbprints

1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
3/4 c. margarine
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg, separated
1/2 t vanilla
1 1/2 c. pecans

Sift flour with salt. Cream butter in mixing bowl. Gradually add brown sugar. Continue creaming til light and fluffy. Blend in egg yolk and vanilla. Add sifted dry ingredients and mix. Chill for at least 1 hour. Shape in 3/4 " balls. In a small bowl slightly beat the egg white and then dip the cookie. After dipping in egg white roll in pecans. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and press deep hole in center of cookie with thumb. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 - 15 min. Fill with tinted icing. Yield: approx. 3 dozen

I usually pull mine out right at 12 minutes. After they have cooled I fill with homemade tinted icing. When I make these I normally double the recipe as they disappear quickly. Enjoy!



3 comments:

Brenda said...

That IS a neat idea!

Anonymous said...

These cookies are one of my favorites. My mother has baked them since I was a little girl. I like mine right out of the freezer...they are best chilled.

Leora Schenck said...

Merry Christmas, Dixie!

Hope you are having a fun and safe holiday!