Friday, February 22, 2008

George Washington's Birthday


Here we go again! I am sure you all are glad that Lincoln's Birthday, President's Day, and Washington's Birthday are finally over. Today we read The Story of Mount Vernon. It was a fascinating book that makes me want to go and revisit Mount Vernon now that I know a little more about it. Today Curtis read George Washington's Breakfast by Jean Fritz and George Washingington by James Giblin, Samuel read George Washington by D'Aulaire and Meet George Washington, and Alex read If you grew up with George Washington and A Picture Book of George Washington. Again we will leave this books out on display through next week and then they will be put back away in our library.

1 comment:

sarahmfry said...

I love your idea of displaying seasonal books. Ours usually end up in a pile or in our library bag. But I've stolen you idea now - we have a great table for it. Thanks!