Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My Weekend

My grandma (my Dad's mother) passed away a week ago today and her viewing was this past Sunday. So my sister Holly and I left our kids with our husbands and headed for my parents in Ohio on Saturday afternoon. We met up with our youngest sister on I-71 north of Columbus and continued our journey to Salem. On our way we stopped at the Amish Door restaurant and enjoyed a delicious meal. We reached Mom and Dad's shortly after 10 p.m. and had a good visit for a few hours. Then the next morning my sisters and I got up and headed to PA to visit our grandmother (Mom's mom) before going to the viewing in the afternoon for our other grandmother. While on our way to Grandma's we listened to a sermon by Darrell Lee Stetler. I am thankful for modern technology and the fact that we were able to hear the Word preached while we traveled. Below are a few pictures from our time in PA.



Lyndi and Grandma at the puzzle table.


Aunt Mi fixing creamed peas for lunch.


Aunt Mi cutting the ham. It was very delicious.


The table with the food on it. We had many a meal here at this table with Grandpa and Grandma when we were growing up.


Pumpkin Pie


My grandmother with me.


Grandma and Holly

Grandma and Lyndi

Posted by Picasa

No comments: