Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Curtis!

Today our oldest turned 11 years old. It was quite a day. One I am sure he will not forget.
#1. I forgot it was his birthday until one of the other kids wished him 'Happy Birthday'.
#2. We had to hurriedly get everyone together, call my husband home from work, and drive 1 1/2 hours one way to meet my sister so she could take my parents car to Colorado.
#3. I attempted to make Curtis a 2 layer jello cake - don't bother to try it. As you can see by the picture things didn't turn out as anticipated. The first layer went on great and then as I tried to get the second layer out of the pan and put it on top it crumbled. So I ended up just breaking that layer into pieces in the lid of my cake dish. I covered that layer with the cool whip/cream cheese filling and cherry pie filling. Then I transferred the other layer, which began to crack as I moved it, to the top and finished topping it off. It tasted great, but definitely didn't end up looking like I thought it would.
In an attempt to make the evening a little more festive, Curtis and Briana decided we would eat in our dining room with fine china, crystal glasses, cloth napkins, and candlelight. With all that has been going on, I didn't think to take pictures of it. It was rather nice though.



The Cherry Dream Cake

Happy Birthday, Curtis! I hope you enjoyed your day despite the extreme busyness of the greater part of the day.


A new puzzle!


Sam looking on while Curtis opened up his gifts.

I didn't get any pictures of the rest of the evening but we finished it off by watching the final presidential debate. Then, in fulfillment of Curtis' request, we enjoyed crackers and cheese ball for a snack.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: