Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Day!

On Thanksgiving Day we traveled to my sister Holly's house for Thanksgiving Dinner. We had a really enjoyable time with her and her family. It was nice to let someone else do the cooking, but I did bake two pumpkin pies. I also made a cheese ball. Our five kids enjoyed playing with their five kids. They roamed the woods, fed rabbits, gathered chicken eggs, walked the dog, etc. Below are a few pictures that I took as we were driving down the road not too far from their house.





Just a barn in a picturesque setting!


We have arrived! My sister's log cabin in the woods. It was over the river and through the woods to my sister's house for Thanksgiving!


Our hostess for Thanksgiving this year.

The girls ready to eat before the boys.


We are about ready to eat!


The beautiful fall arrangement made by Heidi (my sister) and sent to me for my birthday!

We are all about ready. If only pictures weren't being taken we could eat!

Three of the boys must be hungry!

The boys getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner.

The delicious rolls that Holly made.

Mashed Potatoes

The broccoli/cauliflower salad that Holly made.

One of the pumpkin pies I made.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Dixie
I enjoy your blog...I haven't commented much but I read it every time you post :) Tell Holly that her house looks really neat. I miss her blog too.
Love you and look forward to seeing you at Christmas.
Vicki