Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Visiting Family and Friends in Kansas

On Wednesday, February 4th, 2009, we left Indiana and headed to Kansas to visit with Jeff's family for a few days. We got in late that night or early in the morning depending on how you prefer to look at it.
On Thursday, the boys, their cousin, their Uncle Gareth, and their Grandpa worked on building a fort. Below are a few pictures of them working on it. While they were working on it, I went and visited with Jeff's cousin Vicki. I had a really nice time visiting with her uninterrupted by kids. Something that doesn't happen very often in my life.
On Friday, our family got to go and see Paul and Vicki's new house and stay for supper. We had a really great time visiting. Then we went to a nearby fellowship hall and spent the evening visiting with extended family and friends.
On Saturday afternoon, we headed towards home via Kansas City. We stopped and visited with our friends - Randy and Dee Winkler and children and Amy Winkler. It was great to see them all. It had been years since I had seen Randy and Dee. Jeff had never met them, so it had definitely been a long time. We also visited with my sister Jodi and her husband James and their kids. I got to see their new baby for the first time. I didn't think to get out my camera and take pictures. Most of the pictures that I do have from this trip were taken by my sister-in-law or by Jeff.


Joseph (our oldest nephew on Jeff's side of the family)


Jeff's Dad


Curtis


Gareth (our brother-in-law) watching Samuel.


Joseph working on the fort with Samuel and Grandpa looking on. The fort is nearing completion.


Another picture of Joseph.





Uncle Gareth with Julissa and Briana.


Deanna (our oldest niece on Jeff's side of the family)



Amanda (our youngest niece on Jeff's side of the family)


Benjamin (our youngest nephew on Jeff's side of the family)


Regina (Jeff's sister) with our dog.


Curtis and Samuel just relaxing at Grandpa and Grandma's house.



A parting shot of Jeff and his two sisters with their Grandmother. I think she looks great. It's hard to believe she is 90!







Posted by Picasa

No comments: