Friday, September 04, 2009

Our First Stop on Vacation

We arrived at Portland Head Light on Friday morning, September 4, 2009. This was our third time to visit this lighthouse. The first time we visited this lighthouse was on our honeymoon back in 1995, our second visit was the week of our tenth anniversary in 2005, and this time was the week of our fourteenth anniversary. It was a delight to be able to take Mom with us this time to see the lighthouse. In all the picture taking I didn't get one of Mike and Heidi at the lighthouse. I would take the pictures on her camera and then not think to take them on mine. It is quite obvious by the pictures that I am missing that I do not scrapbook. I hope you enjoy our first vacation stop (not counting motels, etc.).


We are approaching Portland Head Light.

Portland Head Light up close.

Looking up!

Another angle of Portland Head Light


And yet again.

This picture and the two below it were taken by one of our boys. I found the progression of the three pictures interesting.



Sailboat

I believe this is looking North along the shore.

If the above picture is indeed looking North than this would be looking South.

Ditto


Seagulls

In memory of one of the many shipwrecks along this shore in days gone by.

Our five children

Our entire family


Mom at Portland Headlight.

I am going to take some educated guesses as to the names of these flowers. I believe this one is a Wild Aster. If someone believes otherwise, please feel free to leave me a comment.

Goldenrod

Roses


Rose Hips (The product of the flowers above).



1 comment:

Brenda said...

What a pretty place! I loved the family picture of you all - the kids are all so grown up!