Monday, January 31, 2011

3 in 30 - Goals for February


In mid-January, I came across a blog post talking about making goals reality, three at a time, and I have decided that I am going to participate in the month of February.

The three goals that I have set for this month are:

Weight Loss - My first goal for the month of February is to lose 5 pounds.  I will try to achieve this goal by making better food choices, eating smaller portions, and exercising.

Organization of  Recipes - I have many recipe cards and printed out copies of recipes that are not organized in a way that I can quickly access what I need. So my second goal is to organize all my recipes.  I plan to achieve this goal by putting all my recipes in binders.

Purposeful Reading - My final goal is to read a book to my two girls at least five days out of the week. When my three boys were younger, I read to them a lot.  But with the busyness of homeschooling five children, I have not read much at all to my younger two. We will try to rectify that this month and in so doing hope that it becomes a habit that will continue for the rest of the year.


2 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Good Goals! =) I like the idea of reading to your kids. Phillip reads to our family a lot. Good quality family time. =)

The Salisburys said...

Been thinking of you Dixie! Hope you are doing good and school is going well. I may try the goals in March!:) Sounds like a good idea!