Friday, February 11, 2011

3 in 30 - February Goals - Second Week Check-In


It is hard to believe that February is about half over.  I have been working on three goals this month.  Two of which I hope to continue in the months ahead.  Below is an update on the progress I have made this week.


Weight Loss
I am so happy with my progress this week in regards to losing 5 pounds this month.  We were gone this past Thursday through late Monday night visiting family and I was still able to lose 1 pound this week. This week I walked 1 mile on Tuesday, 1.5 miles on Wednesday, 1.5 miles on Thursday, and 1 mile on Friday with Leslie Sansone's Walk Off 10 Pounds DVD.  I am down 2.5 pounds for the month with 2.5 pounds to go this month.  :)

Purposeful Reading
This week I have read to the girls Tuesday through Friday and plan to read on Saturday.  I have read The Happy Lion by Louise Fatio, Corduroy by Don Freeman (an old favorite), A Light Kindled (The True Story of Priscilla Mullins) by Tracy M Leininger - Chapter 1 on Thursday, Chapters 2, 3, and 4 on Friday, and plan to read Chapters 5, 6, and 7 on Saturday.

Organization of Recipes
I have sorted through quite a few recipes and put them into sheet protectors.  This is going to take some time, but I am pleased with the progress that I have made thus far.

2 comments:

Jen said...

wtg re your weight loss

I LOVE reading

and yum do you get hungry doing your last goal?? I would

Christi said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! That is something I need to do, it is just so hard!

I find it easier to read to my daughter just because I read to her books I loved (Heidi, Little Princess, Little House). My son is not remotely interested in those and is not confident that I can chose chapter books he will enjoy. we have been doing nightly stories since my daughter was 2 and she is now 11. They each have their own book (they would pick a picture book when they were younger but now it is a chapter book). I read a chapter each night (unless they are long chapters and then it is 1/2) until the book is done. BUT I only have 2 kids so it is much easier for me.

Sounds like you are doing great on your goals!

(stopping by from 3in30)