Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Weekly Dozen - Goals

Setting goals has been a very helpful thing for me to do.  I have gotten things accomplished this week that I would have otherwise not thought to do or would have put off until a later time.


Last Week's Goals:


SPIRITUAL GROWTH GOALS
1.  Memorize Ephesians 1:4-6 and review 1:1-3
2. Continue reading through my Bible utilizing a chronological reading plan.

HEALTH and FITNESS
3. Walk 6 miles this week (This was not the week to get back into an exercise routine.  I had too many other routines, I was trying to resume.  Hopefully, I can resume this one next week. I think I will set a smaller goal  and build as I go. I don't really think I am ready to go from 0 to 6 in one week after being off for a good month.)

HOME MANAGEMENT GOALS
4.  Create and blog weekly menu
5.  Weekly Challenge - Clean out and reorganize all kitchen drawers and cupboards. (I got the drawers done, but did not get my cupboards finished.)

FAMILY GOALS
6.  Educational Field Trip - cancelled
7.  Ice Skating Party
8.  Family Birthday Party for Alex

HOBBIES
9.  Finish knitting Waffle Knit Dishcloth   (My first completed knitting project! - I taught myself to knit over the holidays.  During our time together with my sisters this Christmas, at one point we were all sitting together learning to cast on and knit.  It was a great time!)

LITERARY GOALS
10.  Finish reading Preparing for Adolescence by Dr. James Dobson and pick up Crazy Love from Library.

EXTENDED FAMILY/FRIENDS
11.Put together a supply list for the homemade gift I am making for my mother and sisters for next Christmas.
12. Upload family pictures from Christmas to Walgreens for Mom.


This Week's Goals:


SPIRITUAL GROWTH GOALS
1.  Memorize Ephesians 1:7-9 and Review 1:1-6
2. Continue reading through my Bible utilizing a chronological reading plan.

HEALTH and FITNESS
3. Walk 3 miles this week.

HOME MANAGEMENT GOALS5
4.  Create and blog weekly menu.
5.  Weekly Challenge - Kitchen Pantry and Food Storage Areas (If I have time, I am going to try and do the Kitchen Cupboards that I didn't complete this past week.)

FAMILY GOALS
6. Help Briana finish crocheting a granny square.
7. Have a family game night

FINANANCIAL
8. Develop a family budget


HOBBIES
9.  Finish knitting Butterfly Wash Cloth.

LITERARY GOALS
10.  Read one-half of Crazy Love by Francis Chan.

EXTENDED FAMILY/FRIENDS
11. Write and mail two thank you notes!
12.Prepare and mail two birthday cards!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Love that "print friendly" button. Collecting menus and goal setting ideas. My big sister (who is actually smaller than me) is an inspiration!