Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekly Dozen Goals

I had a great week this past week in regards to goals.  This is not all I accomplish in a week, but they are areas where I need the extra push to keep moving.  


Last Week's Goals:

SPIRITUAL GROWTH GOALS
1.  Memorize Ephesians 1:10-12 and Review 1:1-9  This was a hard section of verses to memorize this week, but I  made it!
2. Continue with GMG's study of the book of Ephesians.  I am enjoying this slow study of Ephesians!

HEALTH and FITNESS
3. Walk 3 miles this week. - I walked 2 miles this week!  It was a chilly walk, but it was refreshing!

HOME MANAGEMENT GOALS
4.  Create and blog weekly menu.
5.  Weekly Challenge - Refrigerator and Freezers (I plan to try to work in the cleaning of my large pantry and the remaining cupboards as well!)  I got the weekly challenge completed this week.  I am thrilled especially since I was a bit under the weather the first three or four days of the week.
6.  Fix one new recipe this week.  I made a new potato soup recipe and my husband said that it was the best potato soup he had ever eaten.

FAMILY GOALS
7. Have each child write one thank you note this week.  All 5 kids wrote one thank you note each and three of them wrote a second note.


We enjoyed watching  Courageous  together as a family on Friday night.

HOBBIES
8. Knit a scarf using Red Heart Sashay yarn.   I finished the scarf and wore it!
9.Crochet 10 rows on baby afghan.  I completed 20+ rows.

LITERARY GOALS
10.  Finish reading  Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  It was a thought provoking read.

EXTENDED FAMILY/FRIENDS
11. File cards in card organizer and make a list of cards I need to purchase for next 5 months.
12. Write 2 thank you notes this week.  The last of my thank you notes for now.

This Week's Goals:
SPIRITUAL GROWTH GOALS
1.  Memorize Ephesians 1:13-15 and review 1:1-12

HEALTH and FITNESS
2. Walk 3 miles this week.

HOME MANAGEMENT GOALS
3.  Create and blog weekly menu.
4.  Weekly Challenge - Recipes
5.  Fix one new recipe this week.

FAMILY GOALS
6. Have each child finish writing their thank you notes this week.
7. Pursue the possibility of piano lessons for two of the kids.

HOBBIES
8. Finish crocheting soft peach baby afghan.
9. Blog one photo this week

LITERARY GOALS
10.  Read five chapters from Today Matters by John C Maxwell

EXTENDED FAMILY/FRIENDS
11. Send one handwritten note/card this week
12. Purchase baby gift for my new nephew.


1 comment:

Jana said...

I love seeing your goals-- it's very inspiring!! :-)

We also watched Courageous this past Friday night-- great DVD!!!